Someday, the altered art you make today will be
old, faded, falling apart, and someone else will salvage the bits and use them
in new altered art.It's the best that any piece of art can hope for

~ anon~


Click on the tabs below for some other stuff

............................................................................................................

Saturday 22 June 2013

Hooky Love

Ouch, its ages since I last blogged - bet you didn't miss me? Go on say you have cos I feel unloved!
Havent had the time, space or inclination to play with my paints for ages now, enjoying being a Hooker though - maybe its my age, siiting in a comfy armchair with my dog snuggled up with a hook and yarn is much more appealing atm - or maybe I am turning into my mother cos I have joined a knitting circle - thats it I am becoming my mother, though I could never inspire to be as talented with anything textile. Sad that she died so young when I was young, she could have given me a few pointers - but at least she inspired me to create before she died, so she left some kind of legacy.

Last week I visited a beautiful lady 'oop north' (my surrogate mum!) along with a couple of friends. I haven't been away since Ed was diagnosed with epilepsy last year, so as soon as the opportunity arose I was off like a bomb. It was her birthday so I hooked her a little present in the form of a tea cosy - her house was full to the rafters with birthday flowers, so maybe it was just as well I took her crocheted ones!




I have also got piles...... 
Can you guess what it is yet ?


Did you guess correctly? - well that was Jammy!




A marvellous friend of mine that I met through a craft site holds a Macmiilan coffee morning every year - she has raised thousands over the years and works extremely hard producing jars and jars of jam and chutney and all sorts of other goodies - so I thought it would be nice to send her a few pretty crochet covers for the jars


Just realised that I lied to you earlier when I said I hadnt played with any paints - here is a handy way of proving we have had the paint out 



We painted Edwards bedrrom over the May half term (well when I say 'we' I mean the royal 'we')

Ed has as many bonkers ideas as his mum, and he wanted his walls splattered - so splattered they were


One whole wall and a large canvas on another wall 





Original and very cool Edward - I'm proud of you - it was alot of fun!

10 comments:

  1. Wowser Nicks I am sure it was well received.
    Loving Eds room and the jam jar covers.
    I may need a few crochet lessons from you if I am away in my job....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cor loving that tea cosy wouldnt mind one myself :) did you make it up or is there a pattern you can share?
    Eds room is brilliant! Just as creative as Mum. Bet it was such fun .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have missed you... I love Ed's room, what a wall (and canvas) I love the crocheted tea cosy, our craft club had crochet as our project last month and I was NOT a natural, just couldn't get the hang of it... will stick to paint I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clarky J...
    I saw the design in a book called Simply Crochet by Nikki Trench but didnt like the way she had made the actual cosy so made it up as I went but sure you could find a pattern on google somewhere. I didnt like her flowers either so followed a pattern by Attic24
    http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/may-roses.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowee them there jam pot covers look brill and everything else of course lol thanks so much Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, you've inherited some skill for sure, your crochet is marvellous..so reflective of your personality, cheerful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, I have missed you too and your humour! Firstly I must say that Edwards room looks so cool!!!!! Brilliant idea to add a canvas to bring it all together.

    I absolutely adore your t-cosy. All those flowers are sooo pretty and those pot covers are gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, your art work is stunning! I love your tea cozy . . . it is so pretty :)
    What a sweetie pie you are. These ladies are blessed to call you friend.
    God Bless,
    Your blogging sister,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun post and great makes, love that tea cosy. I think I will make my Mum a similer one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are brave doing a splatter paint wall. It's really fun...don't get me wrong.
    Have fun hooking. ;)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your views. I am sorry I have had to add 'word verification' (i find it very annoying myself) but I am getting increasing amounts of spam - please don't let it stop you commenting xx